Terms and Conditions
Please read our Data Protection Statement and Terms and Conditions of use below before using this site. Access to the Jobs at LSHTM website is restricted to staff of LSHTM and applicants. To use the site you must agree to the Terms and Conditions of use and the Data Protection Statement.
Data Protection Statement
- Your data is securely held on a server in LSHTM which has in place all the security measures required.
- Data you enter into system will be treated confidentially and with respect. The data will not be disclosed to any external organisations except where an external body is party to the recruitment process, e.g NHS for medical related vacancies. The application data will be removed nine months after the vacancy interview date.
- Should you be successful at obtaining employment with LSHTM, the School will use your personal data for the purpose of employee personnel administration and any legitimate issues relating to your employment with the School. In doing so, the School will observe at all times, the data protection principles embodied in the Data Protection Act 1998.
- LSHTM will seek your explicit permission should it intend to process any sensitive personal data for any reason other than Equal Opportunity purposes or exercising a legal right or obligation required by law. Sensitive data includes your racial or ethnic origin, sexuality, political beliefs, trade union membership, religious beliefs, physical or mental health and criminal offences.
- If you have particular enquiries about Data Protection you are welcome to contact us, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms and Conditions
- LSHTM reserves the right to change the terms and conditions. You are responsible for regularly reviewing these terms and conditions. Your continued use of the Jobs at LSHTM website constitutes your agreement to all such terms and conditions.
- The service is offered free to applicants of LSHTM and may be terminated at any time, although there is no intention to withdraw the service.
- The Jobs at LSHTM website and LSHTM cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage due to the failure or termination of the service, although we will make reasonable efforts to let you know in advance of foreseeable service interruptions.
- Confirmation of registration will be sent by the Personnel Office to the e-mail address you supply on registering.
- The service is strictly for personal and non-commercial use. It is not intended as a business service (e.g. a helpdesk or ordering e-mail address) and the Personnel Office reserves the right to terminate the service if business use is evident.
- While the Personnel Office and the School will not make any attempt to gain access to the content of e-mails, their complete security cannot be guaranteed since e-mail is not a secure transmission medium.
- You undertake to register for the Jobs at LSHTM website using accurate and current information about yourself, including your correct name, address and any other requested information.
- If you see anything on the Jobs at LSHTM site which appears to infringe this Agreement, then please contact us by emailing email@example.com.
- If any third party site is linked to/from the Jobs at LSHTM site, it does not mean that LSHTM endorses, or has any responsibility for the site in question, or anything which appears on it.
- Your use of the Jobs at LSHTM site is entirely at your own risk.
Cookies are used on this website to allow access to authenticated areas of the website (e.g. applying for a vacancy), for storing individual user preferences, and for gathering analytical visitor data. For more information please visit the Cookies information page.